Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:32:13 -0600
From:
Mike, Jeff, and all,
   I find it interesting that every program of a non-trivail size
 ( like ~100 SLOC or more) that I have translated to Ada by:
      1) Writing correct data defintions that show the true values
           allowed for the data (can't do natively hardly anywhere else).
      2) Using 'Range and other data attributes in the loops,
             and wherever else appropriate
      3)  Instantiating a generic package to to IO
  has resulted a a program that "does'n run correctly" and most
  cases faults (thereby easily showing the error in the orignal program).
This even includes the Multics generate-password routine in PL/I,
and you probably know how clean and correct the Multics code
(in general) was.   Hmm, it was also written in a high-level language
with built-in attributes and fucntions.   Something more than a
coincidence, I think.

    Paul D. Stachour
Software Engineer and Methodologist
9532 First Avenue South