From:
Richard Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:34:23 -0400
It's not really MS marketing hype I'm looking at.  It's Microsoft's
movements and partnerships.  For example:
  Microsoft and Time Warner - Cable TV converters
  Microsoft and General Motors - Auto PCs
  Microsoft and Casio, HP, Symbol, and Compaq - Pocket PCs, including
    new industrial-strength lines with barcode scanners
  Microsoft and General Electric - Home Networking and Computing (including
    microwaves, toasters, and so on)
  Microsoft and Lockheed - CVN-77 Aircraft Carrier

Looks like Microsoft is crossing into a lot of embedded territory here.

I understand your need to not disclose proprietary data and issues,
including future plans, but it looks to me like the Ada community will
really be missing the boat if compilers for Windows CE 3.x don't emerge
very, very soon.  Without them, Ada moves from an "also ran" to a "never
ran" in these domains ... while Microsoft already has free (at least they
gave them away at Tech Ed 2000) Visual Basic and Visual C++ cross-compilers
and debuggers for these platforms.

Rick
Richard Conn, Principal Investigator
Reuse Tapestry