Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 09:05:27 -0700
From:
AdaWorks <[log in to unmask]>
On Wed, 13 May 1998, Stanley Allen wrote:

  ... many interesting things snipped away ...

> (This is the kind of thing that makes me wish
> for a truly advanced OOP in Ada book, something
> that delves into all aspects of the subject.

  Two books.

  I have had the privilege of being a reviewer of Moti Ben-Ari's
  forthcoming book on Software Engineering with Ada from John Wiley.
  It has many good examples, fully coded, for OO issues.

  Also, I have a manuscript in progress that I hope will be finished
  in July in which I am dealing such issues in greater depth in the
  the context of object-oriented programming.

  Also, Dr. John Barnes, in an off-hand comment regarding some other
  topic, mentioned that he intends to expand the coverage of this topic
  along with storage-pool management the next revision of his book.

  Since the topic of finalization has become something of a "hot topic"
  recently, I am also preparing a column for JOOP to deal with it.  The
  input on this thread from Tucker, Tom Moran, and many others has helped
  me consider what I should include in that column.

  Thanks to everyone for their contribution.

  Richard Riehle