From:
Michael Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2006 07:43:32 -0400
Greetings, Team Ada subscribers -

After 11 years of managing the Team Ada listserv, it is time to turn the
reins over to the next administrator. If you are willing to volunteer
for the task, please let me know, and I will dust off the directions on
how to change the owner.

There is really not that much involved in administering the list. In the
early days it took a lot of time, but due to reduced traffic and better
management tools, management now mainly consists of deleting filtered
spam, approving valid postings by non-subscribers, and tracking down an
occasional bad subscription. List management is mostly automated and
these tasks take only a few minutes per day. Although there is a web
interface, management is most convenient when done from a POP3 or IMAP
mailer (e.g., Mozilla Thunderbird).

The Team Ada list was started in late 1993 by Dave Weller and was set up
at ACM by Brad Balfour. After frustratingly managing the list for over a
year from his ccMail connection, Brad gave me the controls. At its peak
we had just under 400 subscribers, down to a still-healthy 218 as of today.

If you are interested, please send replies to me directly at
[log in to unmask] (not by posting to the list).

Thanks,
Mike