Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 12:47:38 -0700
From:
AdaWorks <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Fellow Teamers,

We have a new client that is doing commercial products in Ada, mostly
on Linux platforms, but planning others for the future. They have
offices in Silicon Valley as well as in Europe.

Last week I told the CTO and the internal recruiter that they might
want to post job openings to [log in to unmask]  I hope that will not
offend anyone.  Also, they are recruiting new PhD's so I suggested
they contact Michael Feldman for information on where to find strong
recent engineers with experience in Ada.

This is a computationally intensive software product so they need
people who are competent in numerical methods as well as in Ada. If
you flunked your class in partial differential equations, you will
probably find this environment unsuited to your interests.

As we encounter more and more commercial users of Ada, we find they need
experienced Ada programmers. While we are happy to provide the training
they need, a adding a few experienced Ada developers to the mix helps to
make them more successful.

This company also needs to communicate with other Ada practitioners
who are coping with similar problems so they may sometimes post
questions here and on comp.lang.ada.

I am cc'ing the Engineering Manager with this message so he will know
I posted it.  Perhaps he will have more questions about the potential
of the Ada community to help them become a successful commercial user
of Ada.

Regards,

Richard

Richard Riehle