Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:39:36 -0400
From:
Richard Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Hi, Everyone,

I just got back from the Microsoft Tech-Ed 2000 Conference in Orlando.
I think it is interesting that you brought up these points, because
they were a couple of the points emphasized at the conference:
  1. XML is very hot; Microsoft has placed the MSXML Parser
     on every Windows 2000 and Pocket OS platform (both client and
     server) ... it is built into the OS and complies with their
     Document Object Model concept
  2. SOAP is also very hot; it is now available as an add-in
     (with the latest MSDN subscription release) to Visual Studio
     6 and will be standard with Visual Studio 7 (which is set for
     fall release)
  3. On a related note, Web Parts (formerly called nuggets)is also
     hot for the Second Generation Digital Dashboard applications

The theme of the conference was "Building the Business Internet."

Rick
Richard Conn, Principal Investigator
Reuse Tapestry