Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: ISCN co-ordination office <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 21:25:52 +0000
*              "Co-operation and Business opportunities for              *
*         Eastern/Western European Countries in the IT field.            *
*      Practical Improvement of Software Processes and Products"         *
*                http://www.iscn.ie/conferences/iscn97                   *
*       10-12 November 1997, Hotel Flamenco, Budapest, Hungary           *

ESI & ISCN 1997 Conference
--------------------------
ESI & ISCN 1997 is part of a series of European conferences addressing all
aspects of process improvement strategies and methodologies, user
experience, collaboration and business opportunities. In 1997 it acts as a
kick off event
for East-West business opportunities in the IT field and as a platform for
experience exchange. It will give attendees the chance of actively getting
involved in the different initiatives presented at the conference.

The first day is devoted to tutorials from leading experts and methodology
providers. The conference starts on day 2 with key talks from the EC, a
group of CEE (Central and Eastern European) companies and the ESI & ISCN 1997
partnership, presenting state of the art talks and outlining business,
funding, and co-operation potential opportunities. Sessions follow dealing
with instruments (related to learning organisations, use of information
systems, exchange of process improvement experience) which are seen as key
elements to
* Assessing and enhancing the maturity of Central and Eastern European (CEE)
  software development firms
* Enabling mutually beneficial and efficient distributed co-operation
  between CEE and Western Europe
* Identifying investment opportunities
* Sustaining the continuous development of the above activities

Who should attend?
------------------
The ESI & ISCN conference will benefit all those concerned with management
and improvement of organisational processes, innovation management, the
effective use of information systems in distributed collaboration, as well
as all those who are searching for business co-operation with CEE companies.
Specifically business development executives, innovation management
consultants, IT and quality managers, and experienced software practitioners
will be addressed.

Benefits
--------
Benefits realised by the different approaches and offered by strategic
alliances and programmes will be presented by a variety of speakers and
well known companies. A workshop session will allow issues raised by the
audience to be discussed. An open forum will allow CEE companies to present
themselves, their experience profile and collaboration potential.

Organisers
----------
The organisers of the conference are the International Software Consulting
Network (ISCN) with the support of the European Software Institute (ESI),
APS (a representative of the Austrian Innovation Relay Centre), MTA SZTAKI
(the leading Hungarian institute for information technology), IVF (a
Swedish research company with major interest in new learning and networking

strategies), QAI (a world-wide membership organisation and expert network
with major interest in personal skills development), Q-Labs (a leading
international consulting company in state of the art mapping in Software
Engineering with major interest in Central and Eastern European markets)
together with the support of other organisations.

*********ISCN'97 - Key Talks Plus Interactive Workshops and Tutorials********

Topics
------
There are four main topics addressed at the conference

1. Strategic Alliances and Business Opportunities

   This topic addresses the establishment of corporate, consulting, and
   innovation transfer collaborations linking West and East. The topic
   also includes the presentation and discussion of most recent issues
   such as the Year 2000 problem and introduction of the EURO currency with
   the resulting impact on IT.

2. Learning Strategies

   This topic includes the concept of learning organisations and learning
   initiatives based on the strategic EU "Life Long Learning" programme,
   as well as new ideas for skills accreditation based on the recent EC
   White Paper on Education and Learning.

3. Information Systems

   This topic deals with issues such as business re-engineering, Intra-
   and Internet solutions for business management, and the effective use
   of information systems for distributed collaboration (e.g. in an
   outsourcing situations between West and East), team work and
   communication.

4. Exchange of User Experience in Process Improvement

   Users and method providers from different countries will hold key talks
   about their experiences both good and bad. The emphasis will be on "How
   Did the Methodology Work in Field?"

For background information on some of the above topics please visit
the following WWW pages:

* The ISCN/SP'96 PI newspaper - http://www.iscn.ie/conferences/sp96
* Projects to the above topics - http://www.iscn.ie/projects
* The EPIC project - http://net.onion.it/epic
* ESI`s technology shelf (Topic 4) - http://www.esi.es/Projects/Tshelf
* The PICO Initiative - http://www.iscn.ie/projects/pico

****************************Information Request******************************

ISCN Secretariat
----------------
To ensure that you will receive the complete conference programme
as soon as it is established please contact the ISCN Secretariat at:
Florence House
1 Florence Villas
Bray, Co. Wicklow
Ireland.
Tel.:  +353 1 286 1583
Fax:   +353 1 286 5078
email: [log in to unmask],

The WWW site http://www.iscn.ie/conferences/iscn97 allows on-line
information and registration and contains a number of links to background
information.

|  I.S.C.N., Ltd.  |  International Software Consulting Network  |
|  ISCN co-ordination office  |  Ph:     +353 (0)1 286 1583      |
|  Florence House             |  Fax:    +353 (0)1 286 5078      |
|  1 Florence Villas          |  Mobile: +353 (0)87 231 5465     |
|  Bray, Co. Wicklow          |  email:  [log in to unmask]          |
|  Ireland                    |  WWW:    http://www.iscn.ie      |