From:
"Brashear, Phil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 06:54:07 -0500
David Marceau said (speaking of Microsoft):  One big problem...they're not
into open source.

Another big problem with Microsoft and Ada -- they're not into
standardization.  You can pretty much guarantee that a Microsoft Ada would
have additional features not permitted by the standard and would ignore
features that are required by the standard.  See Visual C++ for numerous
examples.

(I've talked with some Microsoft personnel about validation of their C/C++
and Fortran products.  They're interested in "what their customers want"
rather than conformance to standards.  I guess that's what you get when you
have a monopoly.)

Phil

Philip W. Brashear
EDS Conformance Testing Center