Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Programming Language Advocacy (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:12:18 -0400
Hi,
I need help proving (or disproving) why Ada is or isn't well suited for a particular application.
I've been an Ada fan for over a decade, and I'm faced with a possible application I haven't seen before.
I'm a PhD student in biomedical engineering.  A major part of my dissertation will involve getting various mathematical models, of how parts of the body work, to interact with each other.  The challenge is that the models are working on different physical scale levels (from sub-cellular to the whole body), and on many different time scales (millisecond-duration processes to ones that take months or years).
So my question is:  Is Ada's concurrency capability well suited to this type of problem?  Why or why not?  Has it been done before in Ada?
TIA for any thoughts, advice, directions to look, etc.
Glenn Booker
Drexel University