Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Roger Racine <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:27:55 -0400
I have volunteered to give a short (half day at most) presentation on a
number of Ada95 topics to the members of a project using Ada.  The team is
starting with existing code (Ada83 code that has already been ported to
Ada95) and making modifications needed by the new project.  The team has
been in place for a bit, and the members have picked up the basics already,
but they would like to have a seminar on some topics that are not so easy
to pick up, were not used in the existing software, or were just thought to
be needed by the team leader.

The specific topics of interest include the following:

1) Interfacing to other languages (C and Java)
2) Using VxWorks with Ada
3) The Ada tasking model
4) Elaboration
5) Exceptions
6) Chapter 13

I have Richard Conn's excellent introductory course, from which I can get 3
and 5 (and answer many general questions that might come up).  I have tried
to get Mike Kamrad's presentation "SimplyAda", but have failed (the link I
found on the SIGAda web page, http://simplyada.blaze-net.com, seems to have
gone away.  It sends me to netster.com).

I will start working on slides, but if anyone has some already available on
low-level Ada (1 and 6), or a really good examination of elaboration
(including the pragmas associcated with it) it would save us a bit of
money.  Besides, I always leave too much out of slides that I create.

Roger Racine
Draper Lab.