Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 15:39:04 -0800
From: AdaWorks <[log in to unmask]>
Jim,

Your point about availability of personnel is noted. I agree with you
that this can be used as a reason not to use Ada.

Since I am in the business of training people to be able to do Ada, I am
not all that sympathetic toward those who invoke this excuse. In my
experience, if a programmer already knows C++, the transition to Ada
is not very difficult.

Those of us, including you, who have been programming for a long time
learn that the programming languages keep changing but we continue to
acquire the skills we need as we go.  The fact that the personnel do
not know Ada should not be an obstacle.  However, I realize it is often
used as an excuse to select some other language.

Richard

AdaWorks Software Engineering
Suite 30
2555 Park Boulevard