From:
Jim Briggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:46:00 +0000
Ada User Journal

The Journal for the International Ada Community
----------------------------------

Ada User Journal seeks contributions from authors old and new.

The Journal was first published in 1980 and therefore is celebrating its
20th anniversary in 2000. It is published quarterly. Unlike other similar
publications, technical contributions are
peer reviewed, thus ensuring a high quality of content. Our approach is not
purely academic - many of our best articles have featured experience gained
in the practical application of
Ada in a wide variety of domains. The growth in use of Ada, now a mature
and reliable technology, has provided a wealth of experience to tap into in
that regard. The Journal also
contains a news section that provides a valuable resource for information
about current developments and new products. AUJ has a large circulation in
Europe, and a growing one in
North America.

What are the Journal's aims?

Ada User Journal aims to inform readers of developments in the Ada
programming language and its use, general Ada-related software engineering
issues and Ada-related activities in
Europe and other parts of the world. The language of the journal is English.

The Journal is read by people who use Ada, but that is not an essential
qualification to write for it.

What types of contributions are we seeking?

The Journal seeks contributions in the following areas:

      Refereed original articles on technical matters concerning Ada and
related topics.
      News of interest to the Ada community.
      Announcements and product news from vendors.
      Commentaries on matters relating to Ada and software engineering.
      Announcements and reports of conferences and workshops.
      Reprints of articles published elsewhere that deserve a wider audience.
      Reviews of publications in the field of software engineering.

Our refereeing process aims to be rapid. Currently, accepted papers
submitted electronically are typically published 3-6 months after
submission. Items of topical interest will normally
appear in the next edition.

How do I get further information?

For details of how to submit, please see our Editorial Policy
[http://www.adauk.org.uk/pubs/jouedpol.htm], which also appears inside the
back cover of each issue.

For further information on publication, contact the editor, Jim Briggs
[mailto:[log in to unmask]].

For subscription enquiries, contact Ada UK [mailto:[log in to unmask]].

Who is on the Editorial Board?

Ada User Journal is produced jointly by Ada UK Ltd and Ada-Europe.

      Jim Briggs (Editor), UK
      Michael Gonzalez Harbour (Deputy Editor), Spain
      Dirk Craeynest (News Editor), Belgium
      Robert Dewar, USA
      Dan Simpson, UK
      Richard De Morgan, UK