Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 16:30:30 -0500
From:
Jeff Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Jerry,

>> You and several other people have said that a language perceived as
>> great for safety critical applications won't even be considered for
>> non-safety critical applications.
>
>You are implicating that this is a false assumtion. Unfortunately,
>it is, in my experience at least, the reality.

Sorry, no -- I didn't mean to suggest that at all.  Based on what you
and others have said I fully believe you are correct that this is a
common assumption.  I just wanted to understand it better -- just what
is the negative baggage that is associated with "safety critical?"

>Alas, if I knew how to get the business case across in a few lines
>in a flyer, I would probably be a marketeer, not an engineer... :-)

I don't know Jerry -- your business case looks pretty pursuasive to
me.  You could be a good marketeer (no offense) ;-)

Jeff

Jeff Burns, Director of Marketing
GrammaTech, Inc.
One Hopkins Place