Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:46:12 EST
Has anyone else been experiencing problems with the Windows NT host of Green
Hills AdaMULTI?  Target processor is PowerPC (Radstone PPC-2A) card running
VxWorks 5.3.1.

We've been plagued with a rash of little problems with the compiler (can't
handle large files; can't handle too many separates; wierd code generation;
exceptionally large executable sizes).

Have we progressed in the new features of Ada95 where we are starting to
exceed the capabilities of the compiler vendors?

I'm not trying to start a new thread, but am looking for any inputs that
other Green Hills' users out there might have about problems they are
experiencing so we know what to look for in the future.

I'm not picking on Green Hills because I think they have a poor product.
We're using it at work on multiple projects and everyone is a little
"gun-shy" when they hear about problems.  The support folks from Green Hills
have been great, and I'm sure our legacy code is probably taxing the compiler
to it's limits.

I subscribe to this posting at work, so if anyone has some inputs, I can
respond quickly.

Thanks in advance...

Mike