From:
Tom Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 22:23:57 -0700
> but aren't the students of today somewhat a different bunch
>since they grew up with computers.  I would expect they already
>had some experience doing AppleScript or whatever the
>equivalent is in Microsoft-land.
  My 11th grader is learning programming on his TI graphics
calculator.  So far as I know, neither Ada nor VB is available
on it.  Are kids with that kind of experience (and habits)
becoming the Freshman norm?
  Re VB as a quick attractant for students:  have you tried any
of the Ada GUI builders?  It seems they also should allow a new
student to build something with buttons and lights rather
quickly.