Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 08:22:28 -0500
>   (i).    Freelancing, Consulting or Telecommuting (Without Agents)
>
>  (ii).    Ada usage in NON defence environment (Without Secrecy)

It would be nice to have more info on "non-secret" Ada projects, but why
block them out?  Unless they are so many that the others are "hidden"

> This would all be totally free of charge of course. Possibly subsidised
> by advertising space but hopefully just done for the good-will.

I suggest you charge companies a small--so small that they can't
resist--fee to put the description of their project on the board.  You
reserve the right to refuse to sell space for various reasons, for
example, too much C, too vague, too much hype, whatever.  :-)

Maybe even a very small fee for individual freelancers/contractors.

> ..... Perhaps an agency blacklist would be useful too, I
> could name a few to start with - Mabee we could add a horror stories

Be careful.  I don't know how it is in Europe, but in the U.S. you
could get sued for a lot of money for "repeating" i.e., allowing
someone else to post on your site, "slander" against a company.

Safest might be a "voting" sort of page.  Someone is especially pleased or
especially irritated at a company, they go to that page and cast a vote
from "1=ghastly" to "5=superb"  If the company is not listed, they get to
add it.  Problem there is you have to find a way to prevent the company
from voting for itself or against its competitor hundreds of times.