Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 14:50:23 -0700
In <[log in to unmask]>, on 04/24/98 at 02:46 PM,
   [log in to unmask] said:

>Hi!  My name is Kristin Matranga and I work for a consulting firm in NJ.  We
>are looking for 15+  ADA software programmers.  Could anyone help me?????
>Rates are negotiable.  Please call me or Bill Greene at 800-767-1948  ext.5029.
>Thank you so much!

Kristen,

By all means go for all of the Ada programmers you can get, but if your
customer situation allows it, it is quite possible to train experienced
programmers in Ada fairly easily.  We have trained many of our staff
in Ada for our projects over the years, since it hasn't been all that
easy to find Ada programmers in Canada.  I wouldn't want to do an
Ada project with no one knowledgable in Ada, but given a critical mass of
Ada-experienced staff, it is easy to learn.

On one reasonably sucessful project I am aware of, less than 10% of the staff
knew Ada when the project started.  Ada has a much lower learning curve
than C++, for example.

Key places for Ada-knowledgable people would be in architectural and
tasking design, for example.  The mass of coders would have an easier
requirement, and most might succeed with a largely Pascal-like subset.  We
teach entry-level programmers most of Ada-95, and they can ome up to speed
quite quickly.

Bruce Link, Ph.D.                  |Team OS/2
[log in to unmask]                         |Team Ada
PGP fingerprint: 45 AB AD 29 89 B1 01 20  64 66 BF DB 7A B7 AD DF