Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:16:09 -0700
From: "Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
From: Bob Leif, Ph.D.
To: John McCabe et al.

You are absolutely correct. Developing this application would have two very
beneficial results. 1) It would popularize Ada. 2) It could make the
developers very rich. Note, item 2 would greatly help item 1.

This project is feasible because many of the parts preexist. The macro
language should be an Ada J code compiler. The GUI should be based on XML.
The database also exists. The best choice would be Card's FIRM database. The
second best choice would be to upgrade AdaSAGE to be a product similar to
FIRM. The spreadsheet design also exists. Lotus sold Improv, which was an
intelligently designed product. For instance, the Rows and Columns had
unique, user specified names.