From:
Hervé Bitteur <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hervé Bitteur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:26:52 +0200
David,

Thanks for your interest. Current situation is the following :

- OptiMusic 1.0, Ada version, was released in falls 2000. Since then,
I've changed my ISP several times, and neglected to republish the
software. I can make it public in the next coming days.

- OptiMusic, though usable for demos, was merely a prototype. Based on
the lessons learnt, I have started a brand new design and
implementation. The new version is written entirely in Java.

(For some time, I had experimented a mixed Ada/Java implementation,
using Java/Swing for GUI and Ada for the legacy inference engine,
coupled through JNI and XML. Since even the engine is being redesigned,
everything is now in Java).

- About one year ago, an english company complained about my use of
the(ir) 'OptiMusic' name. So the coming software will be named
'Audiveris' instead.

Could you tell me more about your interest regarding this software? And
let me know if you need additional information.

Bye,
/Hervé
(author of OptiMusic as a hobby)

--
--      /\             Hervé BITTEUR
--     \\ \            EMEA IT Architect