Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 11:39:30 -0500
From:
jim hopper <[log in to unmask]>
We don't have all that much on shelve here either i use amazon.com they
have LOTs of ada books for order.

jim

--

t 2:30 PM -0500 2/14/98, Michael Feldman wrote:

>> Lots of posts, learn quite a lot lately.  Living in the "boondocks" of =
>> North Dakota I finally made it to the big city.  Fargo.   Went to the =
>> Barnes and Noble book store.  Lots of books on java and c++.  Not one =
>> book on ada.
>>
>> Can someone refer me to a good beginning ada book.  One that never =
>> assumes you've had c or c++.  I got one thru are local library but its =
>> abit old, written back in '88 I think.
>>
>> Thanks Les Hurt
>>
>Surf over to http://www.acm.org/sigada/education and follow the
>links to books. The current annotated bibliography will give you
>lots of ideas.
>
>Michael Feldman
>Michael B. Feldman -  chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
>Professor, Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
>The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
>202-994-5919 (voice) - 202-994-0227 (fax)
>http://www.seas.gwu.edu/faculty/mfeldman
>"Whaddya mean, the Air Traffic Control system won't run
> without a Microsoft browser??!!!"
>   -- political cartoon, Washington Post, Jan. 3, 1998
>Ada on WWW: http://www.acm.org/sigada/education or http://www.adahome.com

  "DOS Computers ... are by far the most popular, with about 70
million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans, on the other
hand, may note that cockroaches are far more numerous than
humans, and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life
form." (New York Times, November 26, 1991)