Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:10:53 -0500
From:
Tucker Taft <[log in to unmask]>
Charles Plinta wrote:

> I've been out of the Ada picture for a few years but
> still subscribe to Team-Ada to try to keep aware of Ada
> issues and such.
>
> A few years back we developed a tool that generates
> Ada code for translating and validating text-based
> and bit-based messages. The Ada code can be directly
> incorporated into an Ada application.
> Also, the code generator can generate CORBA wrapper
> code, that when is compiled and linked, results in
> stand-alone CORBA servers that provide the message
> translation and validation capabilities.
>
> Within the last month, I have been contacted by two
> companies interested in the tool and integrating the
> generated code with a java application.
>
> I think I remember this, but don't have any pointers so
> I'll ask the question...
>
> Does gnat or any other Ada compilers have java/byte code
> generation capabilities?  If so please point me to them.

There is now a version of GNAT that generates Java byte codes.
We also have a product called "AppletMagic" which generates
Java byte codes.  This product is most readily available through
Aonix, who includes it in various of their ObjectAda products.

See http://www.aonix.com and/or http://www.gnat.com

--
-Tucker Taft   [log in to unmask]   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)