Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:31:28 -0500
> Good points, but I've seen little "public outrage" over software
> quality. People bitch about Microsoft products (as one example -
> I'm not trashing Microsoft in particular) but for the most part,
> they do not take their business elsewhere. They shrug it off as
> somehow beng "in the nature of things".

About a year ago, someone mentioned in either team-ada or comp.lang.ada
how he lost a sale.  The potential customer asked why this software should
be
chosen over the competition.  He said, "Because ours doesn't crash."

"Don't B.S. me.  Everybody knows all software crashes."  Click!

(Not necessarily exact quotes, just as I remember it.)