Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 08:14:11 -0800
From:
Edward Colbert <[log in to unmask]>
>    Michael S. Simpson wrote
>
>         We are working on a project at Boeing that will be using Ada95 and C++
>         with CORBA providing distributed connectivity.  We are needing
>         information on commercial OODBMS's that have binding for Ada95, C++
>         and IDL.  Any information would be appreciated.

Here's an accumulation of the replies that I got to a similar question last week about Ada95 & DBMS's.

Take Care,
Ed

--------------------
From: Bob

AdaSAGE is written in Ada and has been compiled with the Aonix and GNAT Ada
95 compilers. As a member of the Engineering & Management Group, I have
been pushing Lockheed-Martin INEL to transform AdaSAGE into the equivalent
of a persistent object annex. Presently, the database is constructed with a
special tool, Thor, and the data is retrieved by passing the information in
the form of strings. I have suggested that a persistent object tagged type
be created and all of the code be created in an Ada environment. Then,
after compilation,I want to use ASIS to send the information back to Thor
to define the tables, etc.

AdaSAGE has the potential to become an object database while retaining all
of its relational capabilities. It runs 10 times faster than Oracle. I also
suggested a spreadsheet format. In short, I want to create a  killer
commercial Ada application. Another Lockheed-Martin laboratory has created
an object database. The two sets of software should be merged.

 Additional Information:

World Wide Web Server:  SAGE:http://sageftp.inel.gov/sage/homepage.htm
Anonymous FTP Server:   sageftp.inel.gov    204.134.139.12
AdaSAGE Chat Forum:     Visit our home page or contact our AdaSAGE support line
AdaSAGE User Group:     Voice:  (208) 526-0656
Email: [log in to unmask]
Fax:    (208) 526-8086
Licensing Information:  Mr. Andrew Iorio
(208) 526-3883
Email: [log in to unmask]