From:
"Richard L. Conn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard L. Conn
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:11:09 -0400
Hi, Wesley,

----------------------------------
Richard Conn, ASE and PAL Manager
http://xenadu.home.mindspring.com/

I never thought of doing that ... interesting.  I sit corrected, and
better informed ;-)

> By the way, if you're going to generate a non-Ada GUI, what makes VB
> better than a TCL/Tk/wish interface, or a Java front-end, or even an
> X/Motif?  (With this font, I look at "VB" and think "Wow! I could have
> had a V8!")

Each has its tradeoffs ... I find development in VB to be much faster
than anything else I've tried, and, if my target is only Windows, VB
and AdaGIDE or GRASP can be up at the same time, and I can develop
the front end and the engine concurrently and quickly.

For a more portable front-end/GUI, I actually like simple HTML.
You can develop a portable GUI interface with an Ada engine this
way as well (but your browser has to run to support the interface,
which may not be a bad thing).