Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:06:13 -0500
From: Richard Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Hi, Everyone,

I want to thank Mike for his efforts on the Team Ada email list.
He is doing the right things, in my opinion.  I believe he is also
a volunteer, so he is doing them on his own time.

Note, tho, that Mike corrected the problem of the moment.  The next
time some sysop (or the like) on some system receiving the Team Ada
broadcasts installs a new email system or changes the existing one
and sets the mailer to send error messages to the Reply-To field
instead of the Errors-To field, we will have the same problem again.
I've seen it over and over on the PAL lists.  So, we can expect it
again.

An alternative is to use a newsgroup, like comp.lang.ada (maybe
we need a comp.team_ada?).  That makes the discussion a pull rather
than a push for the readers (they have to go out of their way
to read the messages rather than having them delivered), but it
does eliminate the mail loop problem.  Also, when it comes to
spam, most newsreaders I've seen allow you to download the subject
info without downloading the messages until you ask to see a message.
That helps a lot with the spam.

Rick

--
Richard Conn