Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 14:32:11 -0700
7BIT
From:
"Martin C. Carlisle" <[log in to unmask]>
Tucker Taft wrote:
> However, if you are talking about the same set of stuff for a compiled
> version of Ada, this is a non-trivial task, though one that
> we agree might be worth doing.  It would be especially good if
> we could tap into the JDK "DLL" or "shared library" that is
> used to support these Java classes on a particular target O/S.

How non-trivial is this really?  I have only read enough about Java
to be dangerous, but I seem to recall that you could use the Java
Native Interface to fire off a Java interpreter from within a
compiled version of code from another language.  Could one do this,
then use the interfaces previously described?

--Martin

Martin C. Carlisle, Asst Prof of Comp Sci,
US Air Force Academy, [log in to unmask]
http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/carlisle.html

DISCLAIMER: The content of this message does not
necessarily reflect the opinions of the US Air
Force Academy, or the US government