From:
"Dale Jr, William" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dale Jr, William
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:57:10 -0700
Ada is not used in finance here in the US to any large degree. This is part
of the same issue I have with other domains.   The leaders in these
industries are not "S/W" people and they stick to what they know.

There is no S/W Ph.D. that is ever going to design a spacecraft!  Or a
bank/financial system. Unless he also has a Ph.D. in Astrophysics or
Finance.

My point is that we should be putting effort into teaching S/W Engineering
to ALL engineers or other target domains.   Making more S/W Engineers who
will be relegated to doing CM or managing the CMM/ISO Level of the
organization is not going to improve S/W architectures.

Bill Dale