Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:46:27 -0500
From:
"Kester, Rush W." <[log in to unmask]>

In my experience, the "cycles" for circular dependencies are never
very large.  Start with the unit(s) that is(are) mentioned in the error
messages and look at its "withs."  We wrote a "Withing N^2" tool
when I was at GTE Gov't Systems, Now I use "Understand for Ada,"
or the ObjectAda compiler's "Edit, Browse, Units Depended On" report
to get that type of information.  If you don't have these, try
grep "with" *.ad* as a shortcut.

Rush Kester
charter member Team-Ada
Software Systems Engineer
AdaSoft
8750-9 Cherry Ln
Laurel, MD 20707-6208
Corp Offices: 301-725-7014
voice: 301-725-7014
fax:   301-725-0980
email: [log in to unmask]

JHU/ Applied Physics Lab / Electro-Optic Systems Group (4 work days TGO)
11100 Johns Hopkins Road
Laurel, MD 20723-6099
voice 240-228-3030 (M-F 9am-4:30pm live Eastern USA, voicemail anytime)
fax    240-228-6779
http://hometown.aol.com/rwkester/myhomepage/index.html