From:
Jacob Sparre Andersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:02:41 +0200
John:

> >I hadn't tried accessing the site for a while, so I just tried it. I was
> >unsuccessful in Netscape with both www.adaic.org and 205.167.171.8. Ping
> >correctly translated the name to the IP address but got no replies.
> >Traceroute did similarly, but got no replies after 12 hops.
>
> As a matter of interest, where did Traceroute last find anything?
>
> It wasn't something like <***>ittr-2_0.sprintlink.net or something was it?

You mean like sl-ittri-2-0.sprintlink.net? That's as far as
traceroute can get from my machines in Denmark.

Netscape can still find its way to the site, byt maybe we
should set up a European mirror of the site for those who
aren't that lucky.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"simply because no one had discovered a cure for the universe as a
 whole - or rather the only one that did exist had been abolished"