Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Stephane Richard <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 15:49:20 +0100
sorry I hit the send button too fast, here's the complete email :-).

Hello everyone,

Now before some of you think I'm suffering from alzheimer's or something,
:-) I know I've asked about this before, however this email address deletes
the mail after 30 days so I have to reference to the suggestions that were
given to me.

I know about 3 bindings  TCL/TK for Ada, GtkAda, and Windex.  Are they any
other freely available bindings that would be worth looking into but that
have escaped my eyes?  I've tried GtkAda, and that one seemed to give me a
somewhat shaky interface.  such as it was there, seemed functional and
everything, but just didnt give me confidence about it's reliability.  Am I wrong
in assuming this, or have some of you actually experienced this same feeling
on the GtkAda binding?  if so are there special linker options or other
considerations that I need to know when using GtkAda?

Back when I first asked about this, Windex seemed to be well noted and
recommended highly. I've coded a bit, and indeed it does seem well designed,
however I would need to add a few custom controls to it, does anyone know if
this can easily be done in this library?  (yes I'm basically asking the
author of the windex library or people that have used it a lot).

Again thank you all for your comments and suggestions.  I'll be waiting to
hear from you.

Stephane Richard
Software Developer

--