Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:53:43 -0600
From:
Randy Brukardt <[log in to unmask]>
Ann Brandon said:

> I like keeping the jobs up for more than a few months just to give
> people a sense of what the "climate" is: where people are hiring, any
> patterns, etc. As far as actively looking for Ada jobs to post, I don't
> know how Cricket that is. Shouldn't people ask to be on our page? I
> welcome any opinions on this.

To expand on Ann's reply. I occasionally see job postings here and on CLA
that aren't also forwarded to [log in to unmask] Should we spend time
trying to get permission from the poster to add it to the AdaIC jobs board?
And why wouldn't someone post them there anyway - it gets thousands of views
every month - potentially reaching more people than Team-Ada, for instance.

As far as the lack of postings, that seems to be a recent phenomena. We
averaged more than a posting a week until September 1st, then the postings
dried up completely. I think that is more likely because of a lack of hiring
(of any sort), because of the economy, rather than any particular reflection
on Ada.

Admittedly, we had a lot more postings before we went to a more manual
system in August. However, many of them were multiple copies of the same
posting, and more were just spam ("Home typist" and "Become a model"?
Please.) So the list is a lot shorter than it used to be, because I cleaned
out all of the junk (and ignore inappropriate submissions).

                        Randy Brukardt
                        co-webmaster, AdaIC