From:
"Thomas A. Panfil" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:33:12 -0400
The Washington DC/Northern VA Chapter of the IEEE/Microwave Theory
and Techniques Society, has a theme of "Microwaves and RF for the
Intelligent Vehicle" for this academic year's presentations.

The NEXT LECTURE, Tuesday, 17 April 2001, at 7:00 PM, may be value
to Team-Ada members in the Washington DC area.  The lecture will
be held at the American Center for Physics in College Park, MD.

For more info, see URL:  http://www.ewh.ieee.org/r2/mtt-wnva/

This particular talk will be by consultant Richard Bishop, who will
give an overview of ongoing research and product development
activities for cars, trucks, buses, and specialty vehicles
(military and industrial) worldwide. A view will be offered of the
expected deployment rollout of these services, any issues and
barriers that are foreseen, as well as how this "next wave" of
intelligent transportation systems will affect our lives.

From what I've seen on the related web sites, much has been done
in the areas of sensors and system concepts, but little is said
about software implementation plans.  It looks like this could be
a huge new niche for Ada.  Check out the links.  Any comments?

Tom Panfil -- Treasurer -- Baltimore SIGAda
      http://www.jhuapl.edu/sigada/
    Registration Chair -- SIGAda 2001
http://www.acm.org/sigada/conf/sigada2001/