Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:02:21 -0600
From:
"S. Ron Oliver" <[log in to unmask]>
At 11:02 AM 8/1/02 -0400, Michael Feldman wrote:
>[said Ron in response to MBF]
>
> > >"The public" reacts when something *really* bad happens (Sept. 11,
> > >say), or when something *really* hits them in the pocketbook
> > >(Enron or WorldCom, say). I'm afraid that unless something of
> > >this nature happens that can be *clearly* attributed to lousy
> > >software, we'll see no "public outrage" on this issue.
> >
> > This is the type of change I'm talking about.  And it will happen, though
> > perhaps not as quickly as we would like.
>
>Specifically, what kinds of software screwups do you envision, that
>would be bad enough to arouse public outrage?

The kind where lawyers get involved and start winning large $$ law suits
against companies that develop software.

. . .

sro
S. Ron Oliver, the U.S. representative for Top Graph'X, developers of high
quality software components, using Ada, including OrbRiver the
multi-language ORB.  A single distributed programming environment for all
developers.  Supports Ada95, Java, and C++.

For more information, check out www.topgraphx.com.

Semi-retired professor of Computer Science and Computer
Engineering.  www.csc.calpoly.edu/~sroliver