From:
"Richard L. Conn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard L. Conn
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 00:42:28 -0400
Hi, Everyone,

I've worked up another tutorial, like the one I did using Visual Basic
as a front-end to an Ada engine.  This one shows a simple web page used
as a front-end to an Ada engine.  It demonstrates the use of simple
HTML code (which will run under any contemporary browser ... I used
Netscape running on a Windows NT platform in this example) and very simple
Ada95 code (which I compiled on a UNIX-based web server system using
Rational Apex).

You can get to my tutorial from the first column of my university website:
  http://unicoi.kennesaw.edu/~rconn/

You can view the tutorial online (warning: it was generated using
Office 2000, and the graphics are intense) or you can download a ZIP
file containing the presentation, the HTML and Ada95 source code,
and Doug Smith's CGI packages in Ada95 (which were not used in the
presentation but are provided for those serious in exploring this
further).  Not all browsers can view the Office 2000 web pages well,
so the ZIP file includes the original Powerpoint 2000 (which can be
read using Office 97).

The ZIP file also made it onto the ASE Update 2 CDROM (which just
went into mass production)!

Enjoy!
Rick
Richard Conn, ASE and PAL Manager