From:
Michael Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:02:30 -0400
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: ADMIN: Team Ada policy change
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:56:01 -0400
From: "Terry Westley" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Michael Berman writes:
> I wanted to thank all participants in last week's discussion on how best
> to control spam on the Team Ada list. Of the many valuable suggestions
> made, there appeared to be general consensus that the best option is to
> change the list so that subscribers can freely post, but non-subscriber
> posts are moderated. The ADM listserver implements this feature and I
> have enabled it. This morning it already "caught" a valid message from a
> non-subscriber that I will be forwarding to the list shortly.

Thank you.  I think you made an excellent choice in how to manage this.

May I make one small suggestion?  Would it be possible and easy to set
the "Reply-To" field of a non-subscriber post to the non-subscriber's
email address rather than your email address?  As it now is, you're
going
to get some extra mail that was intended for non-subscribers.

I hope that I post this from the right address because I read Team-Ada
both at home and at work!

--
Terry Westley