Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:23:10 -0700
My local Rational rep told me this afternoon that it was not going to be
supported in the future for Rose Real-Time. One of my co-workers used it to
do some work at a previous employer, according to him it was in Ada.

My interest lies in being able to generate some of the code and being able
to do the full round-trip engineering. We do embedded systems and the
capabilities of Rose for generating any code aren't what we'd like. During
our Rational Rose training last spring we were told that Real-Time Rose
would do both c++ and Ada, the two languages we use and generate usable
better code.

I'm not expecting a tool to write all my code, but I'd sure like to be able
to have some consistancy going from design to implementation. I was told by
several Rational Reps that the concept of round trip engineering with
Real-Time Rose would give that to me.

Perhaps I'm a victim of the various flavors of Rose that are being offered.
Though I've gotten mixed answers from various tech reps. I guess a rose is
not always the same rose.

JTA