Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Programming Language Advocacy (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 01:38:14 -0500
From: Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Rick et al,

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, Rick Duley wrote:

> Hi Teamers
>
> One of the Ada-criticisms I frequently endure is that, unlike JAVA,
> Ada has no OOP libraries to draw on.
>
> Are there some?

Ada 2005 specifies a fairly substantial container library, similar
to STL or the Java containers. The current GNAT release implements
most, if not all, of these, and (I think) handles the other 2005
changes as well.

Download the Ada 2005 reference manual, rationale, etc., from
http://www.adaic.com/standards/ada05.html

Mike Feldman