Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: LJKpublish <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 14:24:17 EDT
I believe it was around these parts that someone was complaining
about Ada compiler vendors not advertising.  Well I just got a
brochure in the mail and in processing it in junkmail mode I looked
at the end to see their survey.

They asked what languages I used and Ada was right up front in
the alphabetic list of choices.  I looked earlier in the brochure
and saw that it was targeted at Windows programmers, and listed a
lot of buzzwords.  Then I started reading actual paragraphs and
discovered it was all a brochure about ObjectAda for Windows.

Hot _Dog_ !!!  I was impressed.  Although Aonix did not hide their
name, I presumed it was like their previous mailings about development
environments in which I am not interested.  But this one is all about
Ada but making you read the text.  If you just look at the bullets
you see features listed but "Ada" is not a feature, it is a vehicle.

I urge everyone on Team-Ada to look for this brochure to see what good
Ada publicity can be like.  The front has a picture of Louis Armstrong
(you can get a jazz CD by filling out the form).

Larry Kilgallen