From:
Tony Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:40:32 -0600
When I applied for my new job, and came in for an interview, my new boss
said "I've never worked with Ada, but I hear that anyone who does is
usually an excellent software engineer".  Thus in one statement making my
assertion that this is not a language issue, but a cultural one.   Those
who choose to program in Ada usually preferred a moderated approach to
software development, preventing errors from happening.  I would bet that
the average person on this list actually has oil changes when they are
suggested 8).

Saying Ada compilation slows you down is actual kind of silly, considering
Java requires you add certain exception handlers simply to compile, and
then the basic javac app does not bother to see if a dependent has been
recompiled before running the application, calling the class file and
finding out the method no longer exists...

The key may not be in how the final product is programmed, but in how the
process is completed.  I have found that if you produce an GUI executable
that 'dances' early, the scrutiny about your ability to finish quickly is
removed.

Just my 2 cents...

Tony