From:
Carlisle Martin C Dr USAFA/DFCS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carlisle Martin C Dr USAFA/DFCS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:32:35 -0700
I think the answer to this one is fairly obvious.  The reason you want
to have tasking as part of the language rather than an API is that
programs are now portable.  I can run the same Ada tasking program on
Windows, Linux, Mac, JVM, .NET, etc. without having to rewrite to a
different OS-specific API.

--Martin

//SIGNED//
Dr. Martin C. Carlisle
Associate Professor and Advisor-in-Charge
Department of Computer Science
United States Air Force Academy