Date:
Sun, 2 May 2004 23:36:53 +0100
From:
Martin Dowie <[log in to unmask]>
> Simon Wright wrote:
> >>From: Rick Duley <[log in to unmask]>
> >
> >>I am currently working on some language analysis software (both
> >>natural language and code) for use in my doctoral research.  It
> >>would be ideal if I could set an application up to work its way
> >>through all the files in a folder automatically - that is, set it to
> >>work on a folder full of files and it will automatically process
> >>each of the files in the folder in succession.
> >>
> >>Does anyone have any idea of how this can be done?
> >
> > This is a recursive directory search using GNAT.Directory_Operations:
>
> The OP might prefer to do this using Ada0y.Directories, which is an
> implementation of Ada.Directories, which will be part of Ada0X. It's
> available from Martin Dowie. I don't have a link available right now,
> but could mail the source on request.

Thanks Jeff! :-)

The link is

http://www.martin.dowie.btinternet.co.uk/

I also have a implementations of the new Ada.Calendar.* packages
and some of the new Ada.Numeric.* packages, if anyone is interested.

They are entirely 'pure' Ada, so should work with any Ada compiler
unlike the Ada.Directory package which works with win32 GNAT 3.15p
and any compiler supporting "gnat4oa" - when that is complete!

'Ada0Y.Directories' can be use as 'Ada.Directories', you just have
to compile the source an put the .ali and .o files in the right folder. Feel
free to e-mail me for details if you're not sure.

Cheers,

-- Martin