From:
Philip Brashear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 07:20:17 -0500
James,

The PIWG suite contains no tests of Ada 95 features, and there are no plans to
update it.  The PIWG suite should be considered obsolete.

So far as I know, there are no published results of ACES measurements.  My team
responsible for the ACES upgrade to Ada 95 was not permitted to publish test
results.

I'm not sure what you mean by "comparison with Ada 83".  The ACES Single System
Analysis program does provide some comparisons of the Ada 95 way and the Ada 83
way of doing a few things, if you run all the appropriate tests on the same
system.

If you are interested in PIWG-like results, get the Quick-Look subset of the ACES
and do some tests with it.  (See http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/testing/aces"
or FTP to sw-eng.falls-church.va.us, directory public/AdaIC/testing/aces.)

If you are interested in doing full-up Ada testing and need support, CTA can supply
that support.  (Other organizations might be able to do the same.)  For quick
questions, feel free to call me.

Phil Brashear
PIWG Chair
ACES Technical Manager (until the contract expired)
CTA INCORPORATED
937-258-0831