Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:54:26 +1000
From:
Geoff Bull <[log in to unmask]>
There are a few answers to this depending on your needs:

1. You can access Java using the Java Native Interface (JNI).
   see
http://www.javasoft.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/guide/jni/index.html
   There is an Ada binding to it at my web page
   http://www.acenet.com.au/~gbull
   The license for this is going to be changed to BSD open source.

2. There is a higher level binding for native code to Java classes at
   http://www.ainslie-software.com/adajni/adajni.htm
   I don't think this has been updated for the Java 2 platform (JDK1.2).

3. Some compilers will compile Ada to Java byte code.
   http://www.appletmagic.com/
   http://www.aonix.com/
   http://www.gnat.com/java.html

Cheers