Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:53:52 -0400
From: Richard Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Thanks for the update, Steve,

It's looking more and more like users are at least at a partial disadvantage
if
they use Netscape.  In this weekend's experiments, we could not find any way
use Netscape in the Community Chat Room (altho there is a Netscape add-in
for
chat.msn.com, but that's not the same).  However, service was very reliable
(probably partially due to a load drop over the July 4 holiday).  Some of us
had 3 hours worth of Chat Room time non-stop without interruption.

Hopefully, being driven to Microsoft technologies for this site won't drive
anyone away.  Besides, there is always direct contact, but the resources of
the Community take a lot of the work of collaboration away.

Thanks again,
Rick
Richard Conn, Principal Investigator
Reuse Tapestry