From:
Ed Falis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:24:40 -0400
>> Is anyone doing something about this situation?  Are there
>> any Ada compilers for the Windows CE platform?  Are there any plans
>> for such compilers?
>
>We would be happy to do a version of our compiler and/or Claw for Windows
>CE. At one point, Aonix said that their compiler could be used with the CE
>toolkit to create CE programs (something I have not tried to do).
>
>However, the reason we haven't done this is simple: no one has asked for it.
>There is no way we can take on a project of that magitude without a
>customer; keeping up with the maintenance on our current products is a
>full-time job as it is.

As the former Aonix engineer who got this working, I can say that with WinCE
2.0, a basic capability (for x86) was trivial.  One simply created a winmain
style application, and linked with the Windows/CE SDK linker, using the
"subsystem:windowsce" switch.

At the time the only x86 implementation of CE available was the simulator
provided with the SDK, so the result was more academic than anything else.  I
don't know what the situation is today.

Aside from that, though, there remained a number of issues to make it usable.

- Ed Falis
ACT