From:
Ben Brosgol <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Brosgol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 15:14:57 -0500
Richard Riehle wrote:

>The slogan is not intended to persuade anyone.  A slogan is intended to
pique
>interest, not convey information.  The expression, "More is less" comes
>to mind.  One could even consider the use of a slogan that has nothing to
do
>with Ada's reliability or safety-critical features.  Many successful
slogans
>have deliberately avoided saying anything important about their product.
>
>     Find romance with Ada.
>
>     Ada, soybeans, broccoli:  good for you. good for your system.

I agree, and, along these lines, we could try a variation on the title of a
current popular movie:

   There's something about Ada

I could even imagine a graphic of the lady Ada with her hair done in a
Cameron Diaz-style upwards forelock :-)

(Interestingly, there was a systems implementation language named Mary that
was designed in the mid 70's and that had a bit of a cult following before
falling off the radar screen.  I'm  a bit surprised that Mark Rain, Mary's
designer (and a consultant on the initial Green language), hasn't attempted
to use the movie title as a way to rekindle interest in his Mary.)

Regards,

Ben Brosgol