From:
Jerry van Dijk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 01:00:00 )
[log in to unmask] writes:

 > I just typed "Ada Netherlands" in google, the first link is an Ada job
 > opening from June 2001:
 >
 > <http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/jobs/010601-mascotsystems.html>

Yes, this is the kind of contracting job I was talking about, their client
is located about 400m (that's about 0.3 mile for our US friends) from my
house :-).

 > Dirk Craeynest <http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/dirk.html> does
 > quite a bit of Ada advocacy work in Belgium, may be you should contact
 > it.

<g> Dirk and I know each other quite well, amongst others I am a former
Ada-Belgium board member :-)

 > In the EU in general I don't believe there's a shortage of Ada
 > jobs within the traditional areas of defence, transport and aerospace.

None in the Netherlands I'm affraid. The UK is still possible, as is Germany,
although they too prefer east-european contract labor. If you subtract cost of
living and taxes in the areas concered from the income, it's not an incentive
to relocate to another country...

 > ACT Europe also shows some clients on their site.

As a former ACT Europe employee I am aware of those.

 > I'm doing Ada 95 using GNAT with support at work in the BNP Paribas
 > Equity Derivative Research team in Paris and I'm well in the six digit
 > EUR income figure, but that's banking and (unfortunately) not the
 > typical IT industry income :).

Actually, I've spend 9 years working for international banks so maybe thats
why I consider the typical $40/hour before taxes for contracting too low to
give up a good paying regular job.

--
--  Jerry van Dijk   | email: [log in to unmask]
--  Leiden, Holland  | web:   home.trouwweb.nl/Jerry