Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:10:55 -0800
For goodness sake,   Software Engineering /= CS

It's apples and oranges.  Which is better?

CS experts should do CS, ie science, ie discover new knowledge,
propose and test testable hypotheses.

Software engineers should engineer software, ie build things that
work and that we know will work because they are built the right
way or else the engineer isn't.

A dispute over which is better among such an esteemed group as this
raises all kinds of questions, but I won't go there.   You should
stop this dispute lest some future graduates see it and get all
confused.

Al