From:
Bob Mathis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Mathis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 07:05:26 EST
Thanks to Wes Groleau for calling attention to my article in Crosstalk. (You
know this is a software magazine when you receive the October issue in
December.)

He made a couple of points that I think anybody who has ever written an article
can sympathize with.

My first draft of this article appeared last April on this list. Subsequent
versions were distributed with ARA (Ada Resource Association) press kits and
reprinted in various newsletters with limited circulation (like one at Boeing).
When Crosstalk told me they were going to publish it, they were still working
with an old copy. I added the reference to "adahome" but I think
"lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada" was still current then.

The longer full version in available on the Ada Web sites and the most recent
Walnut Creek CD ROM. There is a lot of new Ada advocacy stuff out there and
either Hal Hart or I will post some references later in the week.

The title for my FAQ has been changed many times. I keep trying for something
that will get outsiders to read the questions and answers and then do an honest
reevaluation of their perception of different programming languages. Any ideas?

The worst rewrite came in my bio, not even mentioning ARA, WG9 or TeamAda.

-- Bob Mathis