From:
Gary Kephart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:27:48 -0800
Here's something else you may want to consider: the _type_ of Ada jobs.
Most Ada jobs are for embedded, real-time systems. That's because that's
where Ada shines the best. How many people are looking for that type of
job?
I for one really like Ada, but I don't want to do any more embedded
programming or defense/aerospace work. I want to do GUIs, which usually
aren't present in embedded systems. There's not many (any?) Ada GUI
jobs.
Maybe there's just a mismatch betweeen the types of jobs many people
want and the types of jobs that Ada has infiltrated?

Gary

Gary Kephart, Software Engineer  |  Investment Technology Group, Inc
Phone: (213)270-7544             |  400 Corporate Pointe, Suite 855
Fax:   (310)216-0933             |  Culver City, CA 90230
mailto:[log in to unmask]        |  http://www.itginc.com
Team Ada member                  |  "The Future of Trading"

Disclaimer: these are my opinions, not ITG's.